Sunday, July 31, 2011

Tooth Fairy?

Tooth Fairy?
“What do you have to lose Cheetahtort?” My good girlfriend Bella yelled at me while she was over to my house when we were supposed to be watching Dexter.  We had made it a plan to watch at least a couple of episodes once a month during the winter months.  I love these nights.  We pour the wine and catch up more than watch the show. 
“It’s a free site Cheetahtort.  You’re really not out anything except maybe the time going through all the loser e-mails.” Bella says.  “Yes, there are loser e-mails.” She continues when she sees my face turn sour.  “But I promise there are some good ones out there.  You really need to try it.  Just work through the loser e-mails, it will be worth it!  You never know.   You only live once!” Bella says convincing me to try yet another dating site.
 “But Bella, it’s a free site.  Do the men on there have jobs?  Are they living with their mothers?”  I ask laughing not convinced I should try this again. 
I remember I met a man that his mother actually took his keys away as a punishment.   Yep, a grown man getting grounded by his mother.  (True story)  I’ve only met CRAZY men and they were on the expensive sites, I can just imagine what I’d meet on a free one
“Cheetahtort – I’ve met some really nice guys.  You’ve heard my stories - remember Patrick?”
Bella is a petite beautiful blonde haired, blue eyed, fun spirited woman; the kind of woman that men want to be around.  Fun loving, cute and HOT body.  Men think they need to protect her.  But they have no idea what fire she has in her to protect herself.  This woman doesn’t take shit from anyone!  She may be small but not it in mind and spirit!
“Cheetahtort – Patrick!  Don’t you remember?  I met him on the site I just recommended.”
 “Remember, the ‘tooth fairy guy’?  He loved hockey, I told him I love hockey too as you know me I like to go to any sporting event especially if I can get in free!  Well, he thought a perfect date would be a hockey game.  I too thought it was an awesome first date.  I’m all for it.  I can get out, cheer for my favorite team, see extremely good looking hockey players missing their teeth, drink beer and have it all paid for by this guy I don’t even know.”
“Bella, you make me laugh, but what did Patrick look like?”  Knowing darn well, she wouldn’t go out with anyone that wasn’t up to par.  But I still had to ask. 
She gives me a look that says shut up!  I wouldn’t go out with anyone not worthy.
I smile at her knowing this look and want her to continue with her story.
“Can I tell you something?”  She says and we laugh together because this is her famous phrase when she wants to talk.  She may have snorted.  I’m just saying. J
“This guy was such a gentleman Cheetahtort.  He called me from the site, he set up the date, he totally took control instead of saying ‘I don’t know, what do you want to do?’” Bella says while lifting her eyebrow.  I know what this means.  He was a man that was about to satisfy her.   “He took me to the hockey game, we had great seats, he bought me beers, and he was handsome!”
She continued to tell me that she wasn’t feeling well on this date as she had just had two wisdom teeth taken out.  She was a trooper and put a smile on her face even though it felt like her mouth was two times its normal thickness.  She had told him earlier that she might not want to go.  He was kind enough to say “You’re the boss, tell me how you are feeling and whatever you say I’ll go with it.  I just want to see you, but I also want you to have a good time.”
She wasn’t feeling like her normal fun self, but she didn’t want to let a good date slip by so she consented.
Knowing she was just out of oral surgery, Patrick brought her a present to be kind and to remember their first date. 
What could it be?  Can you guess?
Nope, you’re wrong.  I know you’re wrong because I would never have guessed as well.
“Bella, I’m so happy you came with me tonight even though you are not feeling well.”  Patrick says like a man that really wants to win her heart.
“A present?” She asks with a swollen mouth lisp.
He gently takes a hold of her chin, and gives her his radiant smile.
“I just want you to remember this evening with me.” He says softly looking directly into her eyes.
Is this a dream or the vicodin the dentist gave me? Bella thinks.  Can a guy be this nice to a girl he doesn’t know yet?
Bella opens the present gently while giving him a look like are you for real?
“Tooth Fairy?”  She asks opening the present, grinning.  She’s a bit shy about her smile and covers her mouth with her hands.
He gently takes her hands away from her mouth and says, “Please don’t hide your smile.”
Tooth Fairy?  Bella thinks.  Why on earth would he buy me a video of “The Rock” as the tooth fairy? 
She realizes this is a movie about hockey and a tooth fairy.  They are going to a hockey game and she just had two teeth pulled. 
Realization hits her and she thanks him with a smile.
He’s thinking, yep, got her.
The home team wins in a shoot out. 
“What a fun game.” Bella says slurring her words because of her swollen mouth and the few beers she’s enjoyed throughout the evening.
“You must be their lucky charm Bella, they haven’t won for a couple games!”  He says grabbing her hand, raising it to his mouth and kissing it.
He then pulls her in closer to hug her.
She backs up trying to regain her steps and looks to him for reassurance. 
He puts his arms around her, “Let’s go beautiful Bella, I want to take you home.”
Take me home?  I don’t want this date to end! Bella thinks. 
They walk hand in hand to his car.  Every once in a while he would look over to her and smile.  She could tell he was really enjoying himself. 
Once at the car, he opens her door and reluctantly releases her hand and she gets in.  He runs to the other side of the car and lets himself in.  He sits down, looks over to her sighs and smiles. 
He looks so happy, Bella thought.
On the ride home he slowly and cautiously touches her leg.  She enjoys the touch.    
“Watch the road.” She screams to him when she sees him swerve into other lanes.
“No worries Bella, I’m sorry – I guess I’m just enjoying my time with you more than I should.  I’ll be more careful.”
He turns on some music and she gets comfortable. 
This guy is so nice!  I might really like this guy. 
The conversation was fun and easy.  She wished she lived further away as she wanted this night to continue.
He turns into her driveway, shuts off his car engine and looks over to her.
“Well, we’re here.”  He announces sadly as he wanted more time with her as well.
He gets out and walks over to her side of the car and helps her out.  Takes hold of her hand and they slowly walk to her door.
I can’t let him in. She thinks to herself.  I want to see this guy again.  She didn’t want a one night stand, but maybe a true relationship.
 “Thank you for tonight.  I had a really nice time.”  She says nervously hoping he would kiss her while her hands are searching her purse for her keys.
“I hope I’ll be invited in.” Patrick says with hope.
“I’d like that, really, but I just can’t tonight.”
“I understand.  I hope you feel better soon Bella.” Patrick says not letting go of her hands.
He slowly bends his head to hers, waiting for her to meet him halfway.  She does and they share a sweet soft kiss. 
Damn!  That was nice, I want more! Bella thought. 
She opens her eyes and sees the same reaction on his face.
They don’t move for a couple moments, until Patrick finally reluctantly pulls away, shakes his head and says “Goodnight.”
Bella softly smiles back up to him and walks slowly into her house.  They share one last smile while she closes the door.  She leans against the door and thinks, Wow!  Probably the best date EVER!
I picture Patrick walking back to his car, slowly at first, almost in a dream state, then abruptly jumping and clicking both heals together and yelling “Yeah!”
What I think is funny is that Bella has forgotten that she shared the dreaded the second date story with me.  I smile at her thinking I knowThe rest of the story (said in my best ‘Paul Harvey’ voice.)’
I’ll share that story sometime. 
But this story does give me hope – so I do sign up to the free dating service.

1 comment:

  1. Still waiting for the rest of the story.... :)

    ReplyDelete